Sunday, February 17, 2008

Death of a salesman


Yesterday I watched this American classic play written by Arthur Miller. A play worth watching and made us think about the life which we are living and its meaning. The play was scheduled to start at 6:30 PM in Brigade Millennium (JP Nagar, 7th Phase) and even if play hadnt been so good the place itself is worth a visit.. Nice ambience.. Calm surroundings.. I started from my office at 5:15 pm.. Hoping to make it by 6:15 as that was the time printed on tickets after which doors to auditorium will be closed... By 5:45 I managed to reach Silkboard.. But that was not good as I still had to go around 10 KM in 30 mins in the Bangalore traffic..People familar with Bangalore, understand that that is imposs.. A feeling of that I wont reach on time started sinking into my heart and this all effort will go in vain..I was going by BMTC bus and driver was in mood to cross 40 kmph even if road ahead was totally empty... When all this was going into my mind.. wht to do etc, I got a call Pocha telling me that Aditya is also on the way and we two can sync up at some place...( as he was coming on bike and I saw light at the end of the tunnel).. I called him instantly and we decided to sync up at Jaydeva flyover.. He told me that he will reach the place in another 10 mins.. So from Silkboard to Jaydeva flyover in 10 mins... I got down from bus and caught an auto...I made it to Jaydeva flyover in 15mins with Aditya waiting from me there since last 5 mins..It was 6:10 pm then.. so we had only 5 mins and some 5 KM to go.. In the meatime, Pocha had called both of us so many times telling that only 15 mins , 10 mins, only 5 mins left everytime :) .. and made both of us panic striken.. We zoomed through the bangalore traffic in the JP nagar area and reached the place at 6:20 pm.. We parked the bike and went running to the entrance of the auditorium... The play started at 6:30 with doors still open till that time.. The Brigade Millennium is a nice palce..Myself and Pocha had a small discussion that one should either live in such apartments with these amenities or to some near by place atleast.. The play was good and nicely acted with showing dreams of an American salesman (Willy loman), who wants to make it big in life by earning money etc... He worked hard throughout his life but without knowing whether that is really what he wants to do etc .. The play was presented by Aavega productions....During the intermission (after Act1), we all (Pocha, Jitesh, Aditya, Prema, Poonam n myself) had snacks and a mouth savoring tea ( I had two cups :) ) .. After the play with the lesson : follow your heart in life and dont go by the usual rat race thing, we all decided to go for dinner at Inchara but place was running full and we decided to go to Nandini instead and I want to tell u all that North indian food sucks there and it is grossly overpriced.. It is always better to take south indian food in such south indian speciality restaurants.. After dinner, we all went to L&T south city to drop Jitesh/Pocha and then Prema dropped me back to my home while coming back ... It was a lovely evening with play, drive, food and a wonderful time with all of them..

No comments: